Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wrasslin' with a Die Cutter

So I have been wanting a die cutter for some time. I've done a number of custom invitations and I tend to do quite a bit of hand-cutting. I kind of enjoy doing it and consider myself quite the master of the Xacto, until I get to the 20-something invite when my hand is cramping and the cuts start getting bad. It never works out that I get paid for the time it takes either, so I figured a die-cutter would speed up my production time as well.

As Mac user, my options are limited, so I went with the one that *claims* to be compatible with a simple plug in. Simple? Right....I won't' get into all of that. Let me just say, when it works, it works great. :)

Anyway, my mom had asked me to design some cards for my aunt. An avid knitter, my Aunt Maryann goes to a variety of craft shows and sells her creations. Mom thought it would be nice for her to have something to hand out. The second my mom asked, this idea popped into my head.


Good excuse to buy myself a die cutter, right?

I printed these out with my inkjet on some nice white card stock. Ganged them 8 up on a letter size sheet, then ran them through the die cutter. 5 minutes later....a perfect stack of custom cut cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics