Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More die-cutting fun

(This post began back in May sometime....guess I'm not so good at keeping up with this blog.)




This die-cutter has been a god send and a pain in my butt. There's a new one on the market that has features that make me swoon and I can't wait to get it. It's not available for Mac users until sometime "late summer" they tell me. Which, here we are in fall and they now tell me "early in 2011". I keep sending the company e-mails to ask WHEN?! and hopefully make them crazy enough they'll pick up the pace on production. Hey, I know...long stretch, but I can dream can't I? I mean, it'll cut chipboard. CHIPBOARD?! Anyway, I can't wait.
In the meantime, I've been abusing the one I have. Which, works 80% of the time. The other 20% is just weird random freakouts that I can't predict and are resolved by turning it off and quitting the die-cutting program. So, this latest project has really put it through it's paces.
It's a baby shower invite for a good friend of mine. Together, it looks like a strawberry. Pull up on the stem and out comes a baby & the shower information. It's all neatly tucked into an envelope on the opposite side of the strawberry. I made some custom gingham plaid envelopes to mail them in which will coordinate with the homemade goodies to be given as gifts at the shower.
Everything was printed using the trust Xerox Phaser 7750, then die-cut using the unreliable Sillouette (there has since been an update to the software that I've yet to test, so maybe it's better now).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics